It's almost May, and that means a First Friday Coworking session at Firecat Studio. Come hang out with other "mobile professionals" - that's anyone who can get some work done using a laptop, cell phone, or just pad and paper - and let accelerated serendipity happen. It's open house style from 9am - 5 pm. No charge - just community.
As usual, we'll have an interactive brownbag learning lunch from noon to 1:30. This month's topic is the social media giant Facebook. Inquiring minds want to know:
- What's all the fuss?
- My kids' friends are asking to friend me. Isn't that creepy?
- Should my business or organization have a PAGE or a GROUP?
- There are a bazillion Facebook Apps - which ones should I use?
- Should I keep my Facebook profile businessy, or use it as a more social space?
- Someone posted a really embarrassing picture of me in high school, college, christmas partying. How can I take that down?
- Does Facebook own everything I post?
- Why would sane people spend time in Facebook?
- I'd do Facebook, but I'm worried I'll do it wrong, or make a mistake. Can you give me some pointers?
- I'm on Facebook but I don't have any friends.
Several of us are on Facebook, so if that last item is your problem, come get Friended by some of the best-connected social media mavens in San Antonio. And we know a thing or two about the other stuff as well.
And just to get you in the mood for the brownbag:
Alan Weinkrantz (@alanweinkrantz) posted this YouTube on his Facebook page.
Local humor blogger LetterGirl (@lettergirl) offers extremely practical advice to her potential (and rejected) Facebook Friends. Hope to see you Friday! Sign up for Firecat's email updates if you want a reminder in your inbox.
So come on out this month, it'll be a good one!