Where: Firecat Studio, 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202
Who: You, other independent, mobile workers and creative professionals
What: Our brownbag topic this month is Web 2.0 Technologies - Ajax, Ruby and More
The Firecat First Friday session for May happens on Friday, May 2. The coworking session is open to all in open house format all day, to do whatever you would normally work on, just in a fresh environment. So free yourself from your cubicle, office, home office or coffee shop and get a dose of new ideas and new faces while getting some work done.
- Our doors open for coworking at 9 am. Bring your laptop, cell phone, or pad and paper. We'll put the coffee on.
- At 11:30, we start the brown-bag session. with a topic agreed on and published in advance. This is a loose, show-and-tell type format. Bring something you want to share or just come to watch and listen to others who are passionate and knowledgable about the topic.
- Happy hour starts at 4 p.m.
- At 6 pm, the South Alamo area's First Friday events will be underway.
- Pitch-free zone. We do want to know what you do and why; it's part of the magic. But it's important not to kill the mojo.
- Yes, it's probably fine to bring someone else - please check with us first.
- Chip in for lunch, beverages and snacks or feel free to bring
your own. We usually have plenty of something or other.
- Speak up if you have questions or problems; we can work it out.
- Behave yourself and don't steal other people's ideas, property or clients. As long as everyone operates in this spirit, we'll be fine. I reserve the right to decide who gets to stay.
I'm setting up a notification list, so drop us a line to opt yourself in to the Firecat First Fridays email list.
Feel free to post comments or email us ideas for future sessions. See you on First Friday!