It feels a little weird to put up my own award, but here goes. My own mentor, Earline LaGueruela, nominated me for a Women in Business Mentoring/Leadership award through the San Antonio Business Journal. We met when I was first starting up MediaRich (or was it Firecat?), and as a seasoned San Antonio marketing/ad agency exec, Earline was very generous with her advice.
In addition to Earline, I've had so many mentors over the years who definitely modeled being open, generous and gracious with time and talents. I've learned so much from all of you and owe my business success to you and your leadership.
- Julie Gomoll, serial entrepreneur, coworking pioneer and master of honest, direct business communication.
- Tommy Yonker, entrepreneur and brother (he's in the awl & gas bidness).
- Michael P. Towers, I learned so much from you selling Apples and desktop publishing consulting at Pipe Creek Publications.
- Chris McDermott, aka Beardy McD, trusted business partner and lifelong friend.
- Mandi Harrell Leman, trusted business partner and digital business visionary.
- Rebecca J. Reser, Firecat and dynamic young startup entrepreneur.
- Daniella Matutes, always several steps ahead, but I'm still plodding along behind you!
- Jennifer Navarrete, who starts up so much community action she makes everyone else look like a slacker, and is super generous with her time.
- Debbie Curtis, gracious, rock-solid supporter and much needed kite string.
- Todd O'Neill, who helped me grasp the importance of coworking and community.
- Donna Tuttle, Todd O'Neill, George Riley and Debbie Curtis, cofounders of TEDxSanAntonio.
- My current TEDxSanAntonio organizers, chairs and volunteers - we've grown into a big, professional, talented crew, dedicating so, so many hours but it's going to be great October 12!
And so many others, with whom I have a 360-degree mentor/mentee relationship, with both give and take on both sides. Those are the best, aren't they? We're better together.
Thanks for all your kind words and congratulations. They mean SO VERY MUCH to me. Lyndsey Johnson, you are a magician with that camera!
(Photo courtesy San Antonio Business Journal)
Take a look at the amazing women who won, in the slideshow. I'm deeply honored to have been selected, my head is spinning :)