Where: Firecat Studio, 918 Nolan #104, San Antonio, TX 78202
Who: You, other innovators, entrepreneurs, mobile professionals of all stripes
What: Our brownbag topic this month is School's Out: Gaming Theory and Web Design
Please join us for the Firecat First Friday coworking session Friday, June 6. Open house format; bring laptop and phone, or escape your electronic tethers and catch up on mindwork with just pen, paper and a fresh piece of paper. Free yourself from your cubicle, office, home office or coffee shop and get a dose of new ideas and new faces while getting some work done.
Our brownbag topic (11:30 - 1) will focus on game design and how we can leverage it on the web to motivate customers, employees and ourselves. We may have to play a few games, for research purposes only of course.
- Our doors open for coworking at 9 am. Bring your laptop, cell phone, or pad and paper. We'll put the coffee on.
- At 11:30, we start a brown-bag session. with a topic agreed on and published in advance. This is a loose, show-and-tell type format. Bring something you want to share or just come to watch and listen to others who are passionate and knowledgable about the topic.
- Happy hour starts at 4 p.m.
- At 6 pm, the South Alamo area's First Friday events will be underway.
- Pitch-free zone. We do want to know what you do and why; it's part of the magic. But it's important not to kill the mojo.
- Yes, it's probably fine to bring someone else - please check with us first.
- Chip in for lunch, beverages and snacks or feel free to bring
your own. We usually have plenty of something or other.
- Speak up if you have questions or problems; we can work it out.
- Behave yourself and don't steal other people's ideas, property or clients. As long as everyone operates in this spirit, we'll be fine. I reserve the right to decide who gets to stay.
I'm setting up a notification list, so drop us a line to opt yourself in to the Firecat First Fridays email list.
Feel free to post comments or email us ideas for future sessions. See you on First Friday!